2020 Nomination and Election Procedures – The 2020 election will be held between February 6 (ballots mailed), and February 26 (ballots counted).
PFT Constitution – Article IV – Nominations and Elections; Article V – Officers and the Executive Board
AFT Constitution – “The conduct of elections shall be consistent with the standards for such elections developed under Title IV of the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA).”
LMRDA – Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act of 1959, Title IV – Elections (Federal labor law)
OLMS Guidelines – Department of Labor, Office of Labor-Management Standards – Electing Union Officers (Guidelines for complying with federal law)
PERA – Pennsylvania Public Employe Relations Act (State labor law governs management/labor relations regarding public sector union elections.)
The Chokshi Memo – October 29, 2019 memo from the SDP Office of Employee & Labor Relations to SDP principals setting guidelines and expectations for equal access to school buildings and staff mailboxes during PFT elections. Note: This district memo is questionable in it’s treatment of “equal access” for union campaigners. Most visitors to school buildings are not PFT members, nor do they always arrange visits and meetings in advance with administrators. Sign-in logs are not always available before and after school when union campaigning is permitted because security staff and secretaries are not on duty, Union organizers from either caucus should not be subject to requirements not asked of other visitors.
- 2018 Nomination and Election Procedures (PFT)
- Consent Form: 2018 National AFT Convention (due January 16, 2018 by 5pm)
- Consent Form: 2019 Pennsylvania AFT Convention (due January 16, 2018 by 5pm)
- 2016 Nomination and Election Procedures
- Sample Ballots released by the AAA
- 2016 PFT Election Certification and Results
- The Rosen Memo – January 22, 2016 memo from SDP lawyers to SDP principals setting guidelines and expectations for equal access to school buildings and staff mailboxes during PFT elections.